free website stats program SMELL??? What is it? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

SMELL??? What is it?

I noticed a plastic smell on my 07 UC the other day. Got off the bike and saw a big black blob on the left hand y-pipe. Looked at my rainsuit's left leg and have a big hole where it was resting against the pipe guess. Anyone know a source for rainsuit repair kits?

I noticed a plastic smell on my 07 UC the other day. Got off the bike and saw a big black blob on the left hand y-pipe. Looked at my rainsuit's left leg and have a big hole where it was resting against the pipe guess. Anyone know a source for rainsuit repair kits?

Go to a dollar store and buy an ironing board cover and cut and glue a piece of it on the leg of your rainpants.that will take care of the hole as well as any future exhaust heat problems with the pants.:s

Thanks for the info guys. Love this site! You spend a $150.00 on a rainsuit you'd figure they'd put heat sielding almos to the knees, but of course not.

I would also look carefully along the right side of your bike for any signs of oil thats dripped from air cleaner area. Even a few drops will land on exhaust and stink. The rocker box vents shoot the excess oil they capture into the throat of the throttle body. Sometimes it doesn't make it that far and will drip from bottom of aircleaner. Run your fingers along bottom of air cleaner housing and see if you get oily fingers. Just another place to check.

Back