free website stats program Smart Siren II | Harley Davidson Forums

Smart Siren II

ReefRider

I have had my 06 street glide for about 2 weeks now. I noticed right away that there was no audible alarm on the bike. I reviewed the self help section and realized that the bike did not have a siren on it. I bought and installed the smart siren II.....the one with the antenna. The bike now has an audible alarm when moved and the alarm is set. I have a fob with a button so I manually set the alarm not just walk away the way the fobs w/o a button work. Now my question......I understand that with the smart siren II there should be an audible chirp when it is armed and disarmed. I don't get this chirp. I have read through the self helps several times and still can't seem to get it to work. I have rode several hunred miles since install so the battery should be charged on the siren. Can someone point out what I am doing wrong. Thanks.....btw love my new Harley

I installed Smart Siren I (w/o) pager. After couple days of charging alarmed worked but didn't chirp at arming or two at disarm. At first I liked that but thought let me try the other way. After couple tries I did get it to chirp at arm and two chirps at disarm. It is nice to know audible status not just visual lights.

But the trick is the "immediate" as in 100th of second (don't even think about when do it now) as you go thru procedure below. from self help index same as my 2010 EGC owners manual.

To do this cycle quickly through arming and disarming twice, this will switch the system from either chirp less or the chirp mode to it's opposite mode.

1. With the fob present, the ignition key ON and the system disarmed, turn the ignition OFF.

2. When the system arms (2 flashes of the turn signals) immediately turn the ignition switch back ON.

3. When the system disarms, ( 1 flash of the turn signals) immediately turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. When the system arms (2 flashes of the turn signals) immediately turn the ignition switch ON and wait for the system to arm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps

I will try this.....however I have the fob with the button so it does not disarm / arm automatically with the mere turning off / on of the ignition. I'm looking for chirp no chirp with the button fob. I will turn the swith with one hand and the fob with the other...thanks

Try removing the battery from siren and check if dead or try disconnecting harness and reconnecting. When I installed my siren II it chirped right from the get go.

electronic mystery???????????

the accessory sirens cant be changed between chirp and chirpless, they have a different part number to the factory fitted ones. HD have a bulletin about it. get the siren part number and a can tell you for sure

Sounds like the siren is in transport mode. Its different from audital alarm. When in transport mode the alarm will not chirp. To test it, arm it then move the bike. The alarm wont sound, you just can't start the motor.

I don't get no "Chirp" on my 09 CVO......it's just on, but don't try and move the bike, it makes a TON of noise. I had to remove the battery to install the Dobeck TFI and it wouldn't shut up, I pulled the modul and IT kept on screaming, I finally stuffed it under some rags on the workbench and let the battery die.
I'm all for security but there had ot to be a way of turning "that thing off!", I was running around my garage like a chicken with my head cut off with that screaming modul in my hand wondering what I should do.

I'm all for security but there had ot to be a way of turning "that thing off!", I was running around my garage like a chicken with my head cut off with that screaming modul in my hand wondering what I should do.

The alarm is doing what it was designed to do. You would want the alarm to start blowing if a burglar tried to bypass it by disconnecting the battery. The manual tells you how to disable the alarm so you can do things like remove the battery. But the rag thing will work also.:p

Back