free website stats program Smart Siren Application | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Smart Siren Application

Round side is up on my RKC. I don't put water on my scooter so I have not experienced the siren being muffled. I tried to upload a photo but don't have permissions to do so or their is an issue with taptalk that prevented it. Pm me your email and I can send the pic to you if you want. Thanks

I just picked up a Radio Shack "Piezo Siren" part# 273-0079 and some male 9-pin connectors. I already have the HD security system on my SG so this was simply a plug and play affair...

The OEM plug in is in the left fairing cover plugged into a dummy harness.

Simple plug in the Radio Shack siren attach it with double sided tape and you're good to go.

Total money spent is a whopping $8.60...!

I just picked up a Radio Shack "Piezo Siren" part# 273-0079 and some male 9-pin connectors. I already have the HD security system on my SG so this was simply a plug and play affair...

The OEM plug in is in the left fairing cover plugged into a dummy harness.

Simple plug in the Radio Shack siren attach it with double sided tape and you're good to go.

Total money spent is a whopping $8.60...!

They must have gone up in price!

Add a Siren to your Factory Security for $6 - Harley Davidson Community

Warning, the instruction are trash. At lest for my model Harley. I had already watched a video on Youtube on how to install the siren on a 2008 and later touring model and it was different than the instructions that came in the box.

I agree on the instructions being trash, at the same time i ordered a 12V power point as well, so I installed the Power point first, as per the instructions I drilled a hole in the left side panel ,and installed the power point...no problem, then a few days later I started to installed the siren...as per the instructions, remove right cover and clip in the siren...i was looking and looking nothing i couldn't see where to plug in...just for giggles, i looked in the left side ...and bam there it was....so I clipped in and attempt put the left cover back on....except now...the power point was in the way. So I called my dealer and asked what's going on....found out that after when the frame of the 09 got redesigned, they switched the sides where stuff goes... but didn't switch the instructions to reflect the new design so now i got a hole on the left side of my panel when i had my stock seat on you couldn't see it but now that i'm rolling on the reach seat it's seen....

Back