small rip in seat

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by fisherman124, Jul 7, 2010.

1. fisherman124

fisherman124 Active Member

anybody know any way to fix a small tear in a seat.ive heard an some shops can do it alot cheaper than a new seat

2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Yes, get in touch with a m/c or automotive upolstry shop b/c they have proper tools & products. There's the option of replacing a panel (if seamed separate), or using upolstry materials that seal & blend fabric together. I'm sure some members have used & will chime in w/recommendations. Good Luck!

3. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

4. 03classic

03classic Junior Member

Most Auto parts stores carry an inexpensive vinyl an leather repair kits under $20 that can do the trick for a small repair.

5. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

I have a friend that works at a furniture store and his repair people fixed mine. They somehow patched it, and you can't see where it was fixed.

6. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

I had a Kawasaki that had a torn seat. It was pretty bad and I got tired of looking at it so I purchased a replacement cover for it. It cost around $20.00 as I recall. To my complete surprise it came out really good. I thought for sure I would botch that job. Not sure what kind of seat you have or if you would be willing to go that route.

7. fisherman124

fisherman124 Active Member

like to thank u all for ur inputs here.i just have to decide what route ill take thans all