free website stats program Small paint chip | Harley Davidson Forums

Small paint chip

Rockkin

I have a small paint chip on my front fender. What should I do about it? It looks like it"s down to the primer because the spot is gray. Should I dab some clear finger nail polish over it to keep the paint from bubbling or leave it alone? The spot is not on the leading edge of the fender it is toward the center.

I have a small paint chip on my front fender. What should I do about it? It looks like it"s down to the primer because the spot is gray. Should I dab some clear finger nail polish over it to keep the paint from bubbling or leave it alone? The spot is not on the leading edge of the fender it is toward the center.

Not really much you can do about this until you are ready to have the tins redone. I suggest just cleaning well, drying and then using a heavy paste wax on that fender to apply a protective coating. You just want to get some protection from stuff getting under the paint and causing corrosion.

TQ

You could try the dealer for a bottle of touch up paint but I have never been good at body work just a wrencher:s

I have had chips in the past and just got some factory touch up paint cleaned the spot with running alcohol and touched it up put a little clear coat (brush on) over it and never had a problem.

Back