free website stats program Small oil leak | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Small oil leak

Found the leak. It is coming from between the outer primarmary cover and the innner cover at the very bottom bolt next to the drain plug. So I am thinking it is probably the gasket ( which would be a lot of work for a small leak ) or maybe I could pull the bolt and put some sort of sealer on it and see if that helps. Meanwhile I will just keep wiping it off every so often and ride.

Most of the time UNLESS loose, I would leave it alone And live with it. Taking it out and trying to seal it the way you talk about never worked for me.. Tearing into it the whole 9 yards is a lot of work for a BOTHERING little Drip..... You will someday IF it bothers you enough..Just a Harley Owners' Pride....:newsmile011:

Think of the time it was common knowledge when HD's Marked their spot....

Now that is when they self-oiled the chain or Just Plain LEAKED..:D

signed....BUBBIE

If your primary has ever been off before maybe the bolts were not put back in the right holes, they have different lengths:s

I think you are correct. I have a lot of rags..

I don't think the cover has ever been off. Bought the bike used from a dealership with 13,000 on it. I just read an article that said this leak was a common problem with my year bike.

KP

Last edited by a moderator:
Back