Sluggish in 1st gear

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by lowrider1963, Jul 9, 2012.

1. lowrider1963

lowrider1963 Active Member

About a month ago I noticed my bike was a bit sluggish when I first start off in first gear. It seems like I need to give a little more gas to get going. Checked the plugs and they seemed fine, but I replaced to be safe, no change. The same thing happened to my older carbureted bike when I left the choke in too long, plugs got fouled. Once I get going (past 5mph), it rides fine. Suggestions?

2010 FXDC
    Stage 2 kit
    V&H python

2. lowrider1963

Update. Checked for errors codes, none. But the code PN 32919-076 scrolled across the display under 'P'. Since this is not an error, what is it?

3. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

It is the part number of the device talking on the serial bus. You want to see that. It's 1 too many numbers but that's probably a typo.

Your a stage 2 but you did not say what your using for fuel enrichment. Did problem start after making a change to the bike.

4. lowrider1963

Problem seemed to start about a month ago. Since it is suttle, hard to pinpoint when.

5. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

This needs to be answered to understand What,Why,When...

If you did the stage two and NO fueler used OR just added,,,,,This May be the problem.

signed....BUBBIE

6. lowrider1963

Typo in the beginning, upgrades were Stage 1.

7. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Same question. Knowing what fuel enrichment device you are currently using would help.