free website stats program Slow going ! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Slow going !

She's stock ! I bought it from the original owner. I'm taking it to a friend to look it over...
It runs great just this one Quirk.

I know i,ll hear (Edit)for this but hook jumpers to the bike and if it fires right up you need a higher amp battery with high cold cranking amps like a oddessey battery i use it on my 120 and it works a yulsa won,t fire it unless its warm,jel

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a 90 elgide where the starter stalled. Read in a Harley shop manual that it was normal. It did get worse after the Hi-comp pistons and cam. I had to keep the batter fully charged. As soon as the voltage dropped a little it didn't start. I chalked it up to they way she was and rode the daylights out of her.

Checking the cables when removed will not return a very accurate result. It's best done with the cable attached and one lead from the DVOM attached to each end of the cable , then crank it and see if you get any reading. The reading will be the resistance value in the cable.

Checking the cables when removed will not return a very accurate result. It's best done with the cable attached and one lead from the DVOM attached to each end of the cable , then crank it and see if you get any reading. The reading will be the resistance value in the cable.

IT WAS THE BATTERY ! I know every one said check it{on this site and off }
But every time I said it was new they said well next.....
I want to thank Y'all for the help and Glider my brother {hogrotten} had said he read youre post on load testing so we started there and BANG !! The brand new battery they said had plenty of cranking power would drop to 3 volts when I hit the starter. I returned the Tiawan battery and bought the U.S.A brand and its the cats meow ! Also put in a new jet, went from 150 to 170 and the cam seemed to come to life !!! THX to all who read my whinning
and took there time to help {TOM}...

I had a 91 UG that acted the same way. Tried to save money with cheaper batteries. Finally went with H-D battery. WHOA! Much better.

Back