free website stats program Slow going ! | Harley Davidson Forums

Slow going !

cowjammer

I just bought an 89 Electra glide. When I go to start it the starter actually pauses for a second then it kicks it in. I've replaced the Battery and the regulator { it WAS bad } But the slow starting still persists...Timing ?
Thx in advance for y'alls help !

When you say "slow" do you mean the bike turns over slowly if so maybe a starter.
I had a 89' crimson and burgandy in color. Watch for base plate gasket leaks.

Yeh, Ive already read that glider,Thx though. It has great connection its just turns HARD ? Like its shorting. Its a fairly new starter [2005] but its the one thing that isnt purdy on the whole Bike....Actually the more I think about it the more it bugs me.I did have a bro who said its fairly normal and to ride till the wheels fal off.....Thx, jammer

my 92 softail does the same new battery new cables found a fair bit of green corrosion on connector block under right side tank cleaned all up but it still does it decided must be part of the bikes character

Brian

I'll give the water boarding treatment a TRY ! Are you sure Its legal ? I also read one of you're threads { Glider} about the Marvel mystery Oil, My Dad used that stuff in the early seventies! Guess he was right. And if it don't work IT WILL BE PART OF ITS NATURE !! Thx, for all the help I'm glad hog told me about this site...

Never had it fail to do what I was trying to do with it. It's a good product for all motors. Listen to your dad.:s

Do you know what kind of, if any work has been done to the motor. I.E. Head work. Ported polished? for higher compression. If it's not a stock motor, you may need to upgrade the starter or install a compression release. A stock starter wont last to long with high compression motor.

Back