free website stats program Slow acceleration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Slow acceleration

Jack, It is funny. When I first got my bike, I remember saying to myself "I will Never need more power". I said that over and over again for about 3-4 months. Now I want to install some cams & a big bore kit.!:p

Jack, It is funny. When I first got my bike, I remember saying to myself "I will Never need more power". I said that over and over again for about 3-4 months. Now I want to install some cams & a big bore kit.!:p

LOL, Hoop if you want more inches Stroke It, can I say that, can never be happy with a stock motor:s

Yes Hoop,and jack,
I wasn't going with Cams BUT 255's ordered... maybe 103 next on my list with heads ported and flowed........ I do remember saying ::khee

I'll Keep This One Stock......

signed....BUBBIE

After posting my original issue with the acceleration, I should have been a little more specific. The acceleration once in second gear seams fine, but it seams to 'dog' off the line a bit unless I give her a lot more gas. As I mentioned, with my older bike, I could smoothly roll the throttle and it would take off with out any hesitation (but it had miles and stage 1). But I have to admit, for the first 600 miles, I was babying it off the line during the brake in period. I also know the clutch with break in even more every time I ride improving the 'feel'.
Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I usually put 93 octane in the tank and typically only go to reputable stations.

If I recall you mentioned your last bike was a 2000 or thereabouts. Totally different drive train than the 2010 (6 speeds) as far as gearing goes. You have to slip it a bit more with the 07 and up bikes to get them rolling like the older ones did.

It just may be that you have to get use to the differences before you are comfortable with the new bike.

If I recall you mentioned your last bike was a 2000 or thereabouts. Totally different drive train than the 2010 (6 speeds) as far as gearing goes. You have to slip it a bit more with the 07 and up bikes to get them rolling like the older ones did.

It just may be that you have to get use to the differences before you are comfortable with the new bike.

Ditto on the newer bikes having taller gearing 1st seems like slipping the clutch in second gear compared to older models JMO:s

Yeah I noticed the differance going from a 96 to the 2010 FXDC, you have to give her more gass of of the line.
Also the new bike would of felt like a million dollar work of rolling art when you rode her the first day.
Nothing and I mean nothing will ever replace the feeling you have for that first 30 mins when you pick up a new bike.

She probebly runs the same now as she did that first 100 or so mile's.

Aussie Dave.

Back