free website stats program Slips ons or new head pipe for '10 FLH? | Harley Davidson Forums

Slips ons or new head pipe for '10 FLH?

COFLH

Just got a new '10 FLHTK. Want to open her up and let her breath. Figured out I need ac, fuel manager and some kind of exhaust configuration. Question is, are slip ons good enough, or should I spend the extra $400+ to replace the head pipe with a new one without the cat?

The cat will restrict the performance gains but you can find a pipe from a previous year without the cat for a lot less then $400

That's one option (look for 09 header on CragisList or eBay), or just go w/the entire system (V&H MO's/2-2, D&D Fatcat/2-1). Price them out & decide which will fit the budget, but definitely need to lose the CAT...Good Luck!

Someone told me the 09 head pipes would not work with the 10 model due to a difference where it attaches to the motor. Is this false information? I had priced out V & H Power Duals and Monster Ovals. That will have to wait for a long time!

bonsi57: I guess I can't say for sure, but that is the first time I have heard that. As far as I know, they are interchangeable. I guess I would check with a indy to find out for sure unless you have a decent HD shop nearby. It would be nice to know.

I will stop in the local H-D dealer and ask one of the mechanics. They will give me the straight scoop without trying to sell me something. Thanks for the suggestion.

Back