free website stats program Slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip ons

WYDGLYDer

I found a pair of Porker Performance slip ons from an '05 Wide Glide. Does any one know if they will fit an '07 Wide Glide ? I know the diameters will be fine, but I wonder if the mounting brackets are the same.

Wow ! Zero replies. That's ok, I cut the baffles out of the stock mufflers. They will do until I get the cash to buy a full set.:yes

First, I removed the baffles from the stock mufflers and I have put about 100 miles on the bike since yesterday morning and I have had no problems, at all. If you wonder what they sound like I'll try and post a link.

100_0077.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Second....I am kind of thinking about a wind shield for night riding. How tall of a shield should I get ? I am 6'2", and ride a wide Glide. Check out the bugs on my helmet. It's like this every night I ride to work.
[image]http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e178/jayleav/?action=view&current=100_0077.flv[/image]

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do I even post on this board ? Every time I try a moderator either edits it or removes it. Gosh ! Now I see why this place is dead ! Pleas remove my membership ! Sorry I even registered !

WYDGLYDer

When a post is edited, it is done usually because of offensive wording in the post which is not allowed here.
Sometimes a moderator including myself will hit the wrong button, we have a different screen than the members and this is easy to do and you post will show an edit when in fact none was made to your post at all. I have done this in error on a few occasions, nothing to get upset over.

I checked your posts and I can't find any that have been removed. Is it a possibility that the post that you mention was removed was moved to the correct forum if it was posted in the wrong area to get more views?
I think this may be the case here or it may have been merged with another of your posts with the same content as the one above showing the edit.:s If memory serves me correctly, this was the case here.

Hope you hang around, we have some great members here.

Why do I even post on this board ? Every time I try a moderator either edits it or removes it. Gosh ! Now I see why this place is dead ! Pleas remove my membership ! Sorry I even registered !

WYDGLYDer --- I am sorry for any confusion I might have created for not putting a reason for the edit! MY MISTAKE !!!! As Glider said --- I merged 2 of your posts together because of the content was similar in context. And also to help keep the amount of space used down,i.e. instead of having 6 pages to read thru everybody here would only have 3 or 4 . Again,PLEASE except my apology for this and STICK AROUND for awhile longer !

Thanks,
Randy

Not all baffles come out but the ones that do usually will need a bit of coaxing due to carbon buildup in the casing. Try some WD or rust bust around the outside of the baffle if all else fails but it will smoke a bit afterwards for a bit.

Wide Glider - Not sure about your specific question, but my friend actually managed to put some sportster pipes on his Dyna. He had to make his own bracket, but when you look at it you realize how easy it is to make a bracket in some cases. My point: if the deal is right and you are handy, it might not be very difficult to make a bracket.

Also, I just went through a pipe upgrade. My only trouble was removing the o2 sensor on the rear pipe. It looks like the factory didnt put enough anti seize on the threads because I destroyed the o2 sensor threads when I took it out (and bent the oem header pipe a little in the process).

I would like to hear your pipes, post them in the sound section. Im still trying to figure out how I can post mine.

Back