free website stats program slip-on's | Harley Davidson Forums

slip-on's

ozzy

ok i know you folks are tired of the stage 1 junk but i just need some info . all i want to do is cool the bike down some and maybe get a little more power so are slip-on good enough for a stage 1 or do i need to go with the complete system. i have a 2009 uc by the way. got it new and love it but the heat is something elas in south east texas thanks

Adding a free breathing exhaust to an already lean system won't cool it down IMO, adding fuel will though but that would require a tuner....

For the best results I would recommend a full stage one including a tuner such as dynojet's, the bike will run smoother throughout the whole RPM range and most likely will run cooler due to the fact it isn't leaned out too much.

Hobbit! you beat me by mere seconds... I guess I type too slow...lol

Last edited:
The slip-ons will work fine with the stage one. There is no need to replace the whole system. Just make sure to get the fueler and intake.

Ozzy,
I thought about the same thing and after allot of research it seems that a complete stage one is the only way to go. I just ordered Rinehart True duels. I still have to decide on a tuner and air cleaner. It just gets soooo expensive. I priced out a true duel set up with thunder max tuner and k and n air cleaner for $2600 installed. I guess I'll have to do it myself.

Back