free website stats program Slip-ons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip-ons

i went with the cycle shack MXL-330 slip ons for my '07 883XL. found them on e-bay, lightly used, and got a great deal... i had been searching the the cycle shack web site, b/c i wasn't sure what model to get. the site is a bit confusing unless you are familiar with their catalog, so i called them directly, and i found them to be very helpful. apparently, there are other cycle shack slip-ons for the sportster, but the folks at cycle shack steered me towards the 330's which in their view are quieter... well, the ones i got are PLENTY loud. very nice growl, and definitely gets that needed attention from drivers while on the road. would definitely recommend. straightforward install as well.
good luck...
ps - went with the "baloney" cuts, and like that look...

I thought long and hard about slip ons. I think I decided on just all-out replacing the pipes. Someone else told me that slip ons were the kind of thing that you spend money on, only to decide later that you want all new pipes.

I've been a V&H guy, but they are not cheap. As others have said, checkout the cycle shack pipes for a good value, but they are loud. Denis Kirk will beat any online price. Also. you local craigslist is worth a look if you are not in a hurry.

. Someone else told me that slip ons were the kind of thing that you spend money on, only to decide later that you want all new pipes.

I hope "someone" dosn't tell you to stop at Green lights and GO on RED!!!....I have been running a $60 set of used SEIIs for two years and have heard very few bikes that sound better...to ME....'ME' is the key word here....:cheers
:rider

I thought long and hard about slip ons. I think I decided on just all-out replacing the pipes. Someone else told me that slip ons were the kind of thing that you spend money on, only to decide later that you want all new pipes.

I spent money on V&H SS slipons on my '06 883, and decided later that I want some hard luggage bags.

:bigsmiley22:

Back