free website stats program Slip on's | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip on's

Thumbs

I have a 2009 Road King Classic can I put slip-on's without changing the stock air filter. I've heard that I would not need to run the bike on the dyno as long as I left the air filter stock. Is this true? I'm on the list for the ThunderMax Auto Tune hoping that they will make it by this summer so I didn't want to do a complete stage 1 until I get the electronics. I was thinking of Rinehart slip-on's if they have a deep rumble?? I had Vance and Hines on my last cycle they were loud flame-thrown pipes without the baffles I always thought I'd get the $500 ticket that Colorado started a few summers ago. I did but the baffles back in but if you cranked it they they were loud. Which pipes have the deepest rumble Rineharts, Vance & Hines or are there others? My 09 Classic is so quite I thought I was on a Honda course I only have a few miles on it now maybe by the time I get 500 miles on it the stock pipes will sound a little better until I purchase the slip-on's.

From what I have learned about the 09s (mainly from reading smittys posts) you can change the mufflers without doing anything else,I think the vance & hines have the loudest bark,but why do you want a dresser to be overly loud?

i have an 09 rg i have not yet ridden it but my deler is sweet enough to let me fire it and play with the throtel for a littel bit ( juvenial i know). i put bub 7slip on's on and sounds great nice rumbel good and deep when you crack the throtle and go through the gears, but when u reach your cruzing speed it mellows out to a nice rumble which is nice if you have a radio.

Let us know how your plug wires hold up, please.

BUB-Seven-09-FL-Pic-3.jpg

Maybe they have a fan on it!:D

Wonder why seems like where it was would get decent air .. pain to change the wires but

I am also looking for some silp ons for my 05 electric glide. I have to have the fishtail end caps. My motor been worked and dynos at 101 Hp.
They cant be load, I like listening to my XM radio.
The only ones I can find is kerker and Supertrap with the fishtail,which are almost the same.
Ok guys give some Ideas
ZZ

I am also looking for some silp ons for my 05 electric glide. I have to have the fishtail end caps. My motor been worked and dynos at 101 Hp.
They cant be load, I like listening to my XM radio.
The only ones I can find is kerker and Supertrap with the fishtail,which are almost the same.
Ok guys give some Ideas
ZZ
I have Rush slip-ons with 2" baffles and I like 'em. Not too loud, nice deep, throaty sound to 'em. Ordered a PC-V today, so I may step up the baffles and get a new a/c. Its an 09 Road King...

Back