free website stats program Slip-ons | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip-ons

dogdad

I notice a lot of you talk about the Reinhart slip on's. My bike came with the V-H Classic slip on's. I haven't seen any one else with these on their bike , nor do I read anything on here about these particular exhaust. I think they sound good,,but I really don't know much about them. So from the experienced minds here,, how are these pipes?? Are they good,,just average,,give me some feedback, good or bad. thanks.

I notice a lot of you talk about the Reinhart slip on's. My bike came with the V-H Classic slip on's. I haven't seen any one else with these on their bike , nor do I read anything on here about these particular exhaust. I think they sound good,,but I really don't know much about them. So from the experienced minds here,, how are these pipes?? Are they good,,just average,,give me some feedback, good or bad. thanks.

All in the eyes and ears of the beholder (owner).
If you like'em and are satisfied, then they are perfect.
Plus, the ones you have now cost a lot less than any others.
Now, I need to pay attention to my advice, as I am constantly thinking of changing my big shots staggered.

All in the eyes and ears of the beholder (owner).
If you like'em and are satisfied, then they are perfect.
Plus, the ones you have now cost a lot less than any others.
Now, I need to pay attention to my advice, as I am constantly thinking of changing my big shots staggered.

This being my first bike , I would have been satisfied and just as excited with stock. Again, not really knowing the in's and out's of all these pipe-exhaust options can be overwhelming to someone like me. As far as costing the least doesn't sound very promising as I believe these days you get what you pay for and the V-H 's are what the dealer put on for the showroom. We all know what that "could"mean........more profit with less cost.

This being my first bike , I would have been satisfied and just as excited with stock. Again, not really knowing the in's and out's of all these pipe-exhaust options can be overwhelming to someone like me. As far as costing the least doesn't sound very promising as I believe these days you get what you pay for and the V-H 's are what the dealer put on for the showroom. We all know what that "could"mean........more profit with less cost.

There is not a thing wrong with V&H pipes. I've got the big shot staggered in black on mine. Also have the quiet baffles in them. I like them, but they are a little on the loud side for me. Check out sound bites on youtube of different exhaust sounds. Look at Rinehart, V&H, Cobra, Fat Cat, Bassani, Bub and others. Or just use Harley exhaust sound bites for a search. And go where the bikes are and look and listen. Unless you want to change the look, you already have a decent set of pipes.
Also look in the self help section here to find out about stage I and fuel managers. Glider is good source of info. But, he is only one person (even though Richard$ swears there are 4 of him, just watching him). Sorry, I digress as that is a different story.
Do some research in the self help and you'll find a treasure trove of info.
Really look in the oil section about lubes.

I installed V&H Slip-Ons on my 08 Street Glide and am very happy with the sound and added performance. Also went with the V&H Fuel Pak and Air Filter which also seems to help with the overall performance.

For me the decision was not so much based on cost, but more on quality and performance, and after a season of riding (16K Miles) feel that the decision to go with the V&H brand was right for my specific needs.

There is not a thing wrong with V&H pipes. I've got the big shot staggered in black on mine. Also have the quiet baffles in them. I like them, but they are a little on the loud side for me. Check out sound bites on youtube of different exhaust sounds. Look at Rinehart, V&H, Cobra, Fat Cat, Bassani, Bub and others. Or just use Harley exhaust sound bites for a search. And go where the bikes are and look and listen. Unless you want to change the look, you already have a decent set of pipes.
Also look in the self help section here to find out about stage I and fuel managers. Glider is good source of info. But, he is only one person (even though Richard$ swears there are 4 of him, just watching him). Sorry, I digress as that is a different story.
Do some research in the self help and you'll find a treasure trove of info.
Really look in the oil section about lubes.

thanks,,I am happy with them,,,also already have the stage one kit installed, just wanted other opinions .

I've got the V & H with no stage 1, stock filter and so far I've been real pleased. I am kicking around getting the stage 1 and filter I've heard it will increase the performace. But I do like the sound of the V & H.

Make your set up your own. Get them cause you like the sound and looks.

I've got the V & H with no stage 1, stock filter and so far I've been real pleased. I am kicking around getting the stage 1 and filter I've heard it will increase the performace. But I do like the sound of the V & H.

DogDad,

I think docsledge gave you the best advice that you can get when it comes to picking an exhaust. "go where the bikes are and look and listen"

Bike Nights are great for researching stuff for your bike. Cause what sounds good to me, might not to you. The wife and I spent a couple of bike nights just walking around looking at different exhaust systems before we picked the Rineharts. Best part is that you get to hear them!

Back