free website stats program Slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip ons

barnak

Good day to all, i want to buy slip ons for my 08 Heritage, but with so many choice on the market, what would be the best, I want something that look like the stock pipes, but could be a little different, doesn't matter. I check V&H straight shot, but there a lot more and i want to get something that I will not have to replace because I don't like the sound or are poor quality, any idea anybody, thanks

Barnak

I bought Rush slip ons slash downs and I like the way they sound. I also heard and like the soud from V/H big shot longs I heard on another 08 Heritage. There are a lot of choices out there so all I can say is check out the other bikes at a bike night or rally before you make that choice.

I have Screamin' Eagle II's installed on mine. They are compact and look good on the bike. I like the sound better also. It has a deep throaty sound but it is not obnoxiously loud.

Have you checked out the reasonably priced Cycle Shack slipons? Son has the slash down on his 08 Heritage, nice throaty sound, good looking chrome.
Blfrdraider

Good day to all, i want to buy slip ons for my 08 Heritage, but with so many choice on the market, what would be the best, I want something that look like the stock pipes, but could be a little different, doesn't matter. I check V&H straight shot, but there a lot more and i want to get something that I will not have to replace because I don't like the sound or are poor quality, any idea anybody, thanks

Barnak

What other people like is not as important as what YOU like, and you have to determine that first hand. My suggestion would be to wander around to some bike meets or Dealership bike days and look for bikes like yours that have aftermarket slip-ons which sound good to you. Get the details from that rider about what he has got on the exhaust, but find out what else he has done to the engine since that might contribute to the sound you like.

Also, you might want to consider the slip-ons as part of your "Stage 1" up-grade plans. Essentially, these are just designed to let the engine breath easier and give it a bit more gas to compensate for more air.

TQ

TQ - as always is right on the money. See 'em and hear 'em first always...and find out if there are some "nits" and "picks" from a genuine user. This purchase is usually the one that starts or finishes a typical Stage I upgrade and can quickly unravel if one of the key components is "not quite right."

I have the V&H Straight Shots on an '08 and they were just what I was looking for. Stock length staggered pipes with a louder but mellow sound. I used the V&H fuel pak, did all the work myself and gained about 2.5 MPG. I didn't notice too much power change but it will feel a little different with the reduced back preasure.

I have SEII on mine, used to have Cycle Shack, like the sound of CS but they are little too loud for my neighbor, Rush have nice sound too but not as loud as CS, more likely it's little louder than or just about the same as SEII.

Back