free website stats program Slip ons, What damage can they cause | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip ons, What damage can they cause

bestyet

OK this is going to be more than likely repeat question, What damage can come about from fitting after marking slip ons that allow a heap of free flow of exhaust out , with out changing the air cleaner or remapping the ECU, I dont have any details of the make of slip on, i purchased the from ebay about 3 years ago to do up an old bike i had back then and have since forgotten the detail of the ?? any help would but appreciated.

P.S I haven't changed anything else.

cheers

These pipes do have baffles of some form in them, but i will keep looking any markings on them,

Cheers

Smitty is right on here u can check your plugs too see how lean u r after a hard run they should not be white hot looking Good Luck

Thanks guys for the heads up, plugs look fine but i will monitor everything

Cheers

You can do pipes without aftermarket air cleaner with no ill effect,but if you do both you definately need to add fuel.I would look at those pipes real close and try to find a number stamped on them to figure out what they are.If you post the number here we may be able to help.

I scanned the slip ons today while i gave them a polish and there isn't a number or letter combo of any kind on there.. will have a look on ebay history and see what i can come up with.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to be careful. It is true you can add slip ons with out adding fuel.
But there is a limit if these slip ons you have are mer shell or pipes that allow an excessive flow that is not the case and you could end up with a to lean condition

That lean condition will raise the cylinder head temperature which could burn an exhaust valve. flhrrider

Thanks again fellas for the info, i might just swap them back to standard til i can get some pipes with a name...

Cheers

Johno

Back