Slip ons, What damage can they cause

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by bestyet, Dec 6, 2009.

1. bestyet

bestyet Member

OK this is going to be more than likely repeat question, What damage can come about from fitting after marking slip ons that allow a heap of free flow of exhaust out , with out changing the air cleaner or remapping the ECU, I dont have any details of the make of slip on, i purchased the from ebay about 3 years ago to do up an old bike i had back then and have since forgotten the detail of the ?? any help would but appreciated.

P.S I haven't changed anything else.

cheers

2. bestyet

bestyet Member

Thanks Steve, I'll scan over them a lot closer and see what i can come up with,

Cheers

3. bestyet

bestyet Member

These pipes do have baffles of some form in them, but i will keep looking any markings on them,

Cheers

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Smitty is right on here u can check your plugs too see how lean u r after a hard run they should not be white hot looking Good Luck

5. bestyet

bestyet Member

Thanks guys for the heads up, plugs look fine but i will monitor everything

Cheers

I scanned the slip ons today while i gave them a polish and there isn't a number or letter combo of any kind on there.. will have a look on ebay history and see what i can come up with.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2009
  6. flhrrider

flhrrider Member

That lean condition will raise the cylinder head temperature which could burn an exhaust valve. flhrrider

7. bestyet

bestyet Member

Thanks again fellas for the info, i might just swap them back to standard til i can get some pipes with a name...

Cheers

Johno