free website stats program Slip Ons - SE Slash vx. V&H Monster Ovals | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip Ons - SE Slash vx. V&H Monster Ovals

DrBro

For my 2009 SG, I had convinced myself I liked the V&H Monster ovals for sound, looks, etc. When I went to buy them, the dealer suggested the new SE internal baffels were less restrictive, tune better, etc. And also suggested that I could just buy the HD SE flash instead of getting the SE racing tuner and save some money with virtually all the benefit. Comments on both please!!!!

For my 2009 SG, I had convinced myself I liked the V&H Monster ovals for sound, looks, etc. When I went to buy them, the dealer suggested the new SE internal baffels were less restrictive, tune better, etc. And also suggested that I could just buy the HD SE flash instead of getting the SE racing tuner and save some money with virtually all the benefit. Comments on both please!!!!
i would go with the monster ovals, the sound is awesome, the download will keep u from being lean as far as more air in and out, the download is still epa lean.. i went with the tuner.

The dealer flash/download will just return you to the factory lean setting. OK for the bike but doesn't really accomplish anything. I'd get the Monster Ovals and the TFI. Strictly my opinion, of course.

OK - more questions. Is the preference for V&H mainly because of sound? The SE slash are somewhat new to me - I love the V&H sound. The dealer was pushing the SE because he claimed the baffle in the V&H was more restrictive..... I have nothing to argue against that point on. Anyone have experience with both sound and tuning both?

So the download I got, but what is the IED's? I have read the TFI site, but I have always been a fan of open loop systems. TTS tuner??? Sorry, information overload for me and I need a bit of help on the tuners. I spent a fortune previously tuning a C5R corvette engine with a variety of tuners/dyno and managed to burn holes in pistons three times, all with a "conservative" tune on a 650hp engine. So I am a bit cautious on the tuning front.....

I decided on the SE ventilator air cleaner - mainly for the looks.

Again, thanks for the info. I am just gald we didn't go off on IUD's....

I like the sound of the TTS option. I am guessing it is available direct or just through shops.

Anyone on the SE Slash?????

Back