free website stats program Slip ons for 09 sg | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip ons for 09 sg

TUCKERFLHX

I was wanting a nice pair of slip ons for 09 street glide,but im want them to be more throaty than cackly. And one dealer says 09 dont have to be remapped due to the 2 sensors on the exhaust and another says you do. Has anyone actually done this without remapping . Im kinda leaning toward v&h.

I was wanting a nice pair of slip ons for 09 street glide,but im want them to be more throaty than cackly. And one dealer says 09 dont have to be remapped due to the 2 sensors on the exhaust and another says you do. Has anyone actually done this without remapping . Im kinda leaning toward v&h.

I too own a SG and One dealer in Iowa I was visting said ABSOLUTELY it needs to be remapped. Another one at home said no... Like you - who do you believe and trust?

i have a 09 SG had a set of Rush slip ons installed and no remap was done to mine. love the way these pipes sound, not to loud. it seems around here in SC all citys are going for control on noise.

I just got a set of V&H Straight Shots slip-ons, Go to Youtube and search you your bike and V&H Straight Shots. I think they sound good.

give the rineharts a little consideration. they have an awesome sound. i have an 09 SG and with the SE slip-ons. i have'nt had it remapped and it seems fine. i will be getting the power commander v in a few weeks. i'll post the results then.

I too own a 09 SG, and I replaced my stock mufflers with an aftermarket product. I purchased Rush slip-ons, at the same time I had the dealership install a SE race tuner, and a Zippers air kit. I guess I'm more of an idiot than most, I had the dealership install the above things, map the bike then complete a dyno, so that I knew everything was right. I don't follow the idea of spending many thousands of $$$ on a new bike, wanting to make it sound better or run better, then scrimping on a particular procedure to make it better. I know that I have experienced much better performance out of the last two bikes I had, with a trained and experienced technician setting them up, than had I tried to do it myself. Well worth the couple of hundred it cost.
Just my thoughts...:lero

Back