free website stats program Slip on exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip on exhaust

I am thinking about adding Vance and Hines Slip On Exhaust to my 2007 Heritage Softail Classic. If this is the only modification that I want to make now, do I have to add a tuner or can I just change the mufflers? Thanks.

I second that. Only with muffler change may notice drop in fuel mileage. This is caused by excessive use of right wrist while enjoying sound of your bike.

I'm sure and it would be true for any model. The more you twist the wick, the quicker the tank empties. :D

Vance & Hines make great slip-on mufflers. Cycle shack has a large selection also. Go to a local bike gathering and listen/ask what other guys are running. If just slip-ons used probably won't need fueler. There many different ways to richen up fuel mixture.
Check out the Dobeck TFI section.
wilks3
:USA

Also, when replacing pipes, make sure you get a new set of pipe clamps & HT silicone (liquid copper) for a good seal. Want to make sure there are "0" leaks.

Thanks guys!
One more question, is there any mod available for stock slash cuts to make them more noticeable?

Aside from drilling the baffles...NO. The sound after drilling the baffles will make you go out and buy new mufflers in any event.

Back