free website stats program Slip on exhaust and need for stage 1 | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip on exhaust and need for stage 1

firemanvii

I just recently purchased an 09 Roadking. When I ordered it I had them put the screamin Eagle slip ons. I plan at some point to do the stage 1 kit, but was wondering do I need to wait til after the break-in to do the stage 1? Should I do it now, since will have the slip ons from the get go?
I do not have the bike yet and understand is being shipped 12/08.
Thanks

My understanding is that if you put just slip ons on you are fine.If you add the stage 1 you need fuel enritchment,a tfi or power commander3 etc.Personaly I had slip ons a stage 1 and a pc 3 done before I picked mine up and love it.Couldnt tell you what a stock one feels like.

My understanding is that if you put just slip ons on you are fine.If you add the stage 1 you need fuel enritchment,a tfi or power commander3 etc.Personaly I had slip ons a stage 1 and a pc 3 done before I picked mine up and love it.Couldnt tell you what a stock one feels like.

Stock feels good for the first 100 miles then it feels slow

I don't think you need to wait until after breakin for any mods. Lots of folks drive off the dealer lot with full Stage 1 already installed.

Back