free website stats program Slip on dis-coloration | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip on dis-coloration

ultra pearl

I am asking another question for my buddy.
He has an 08 ultra with V&H slip-ons, stage 1 air and remapped.
His right slip-on is turning yellow right where the muffler mounts to the exhaust pipe.
What would cause this? or is this normal?

Easy way to check for a leak is get a heavy glove (welding etc.) and cover the slip-on (plug the exhaust). Should build up pressure in pipe and find path of least resistance (ie. leak).

Until you find the problem, if any, there is a product that will correct that yellowing. It is called Blue-Away, and will clean that discoloration right up. There is another product, called Simi-Chrome, which will maintain the chrome finish. I have used those 2 products for 36 years. They worked on my 73 Sporty's drag pipes, which had no heat shields. My Sporty's pipes stayed nice and silver for as long as I owned her. As long as you don't let the discoloration get too blue, you can get them back to clean chrome.

Enjoy,
Rich P

If it's yellowing....he's running too hot/lean. I know you said it was re-mapped, but does the bike have a tuner? Needs more fuel...

I am asking another question for my buddy.
He has an 08 ultra with V&H slip-ons, stage 1 air and remapped.
His right slip-on is turning yellow right where the muffler mounts to the exhaust pipe.
What would cause this? or is this normal?
I think it's time for your buddy to join! :D Just kidding, believe it or not, my brother doesn't have a computer/internet/or smart phone, so guess who gets to do all his net surfing. :D

Back