free website stats program Slip on cans | Harley Davidson Forums

Slip on cans

Hi there

I have a 2013 fat boy and was thinking of getting some after market slip on exhausts for it. I'm not that bothered about having the stage 1 tuning, was just interested in making the bike a bit louder !! If I put on the after market exhausts, do I have to have it tuned, or can I just fit the exhausts and that's it ??

Any advice would be appreciated.....

Many thanks

Normally by just changing the mufflers w/o changing to a high flow air filter no stage 1 download is needed.
tourbox

+1 tourbox has you covered. If you decide to add more air then you'll want to add some type of fueler to the mix.

And when you get those slip ons and they are still too quiet you can change the baffles in them.......Big City Thunder has really good sound.

Can you cut out the cats and install a slip on exhaust and without getting a tuner?

It is all a matter of air flow or more accurately, air flow restriction. As you free up the engine's inflow of air and outflow of exhaust, you will lean out the fuel/air mixture. This will make the engine run hotter and will introduce other side effects like decel popping, hesitation, etc. So you can do things piecemeal and see what happens. If you make a change and that introduces the side effects, then that will make the next steps obvious (like a fueler or download, etc.).

When I had an '11 FLSTC, I replaced the A/C with a SE High Flow one. It already had the V&H staggered exhaust, so that had been freed up (no cats!). I got the V&H FP3 and did the map download and ECU flashing. Absolutely did the trick!! Check this out:

http://fuelpak.vanceandhines.com/

Cheers,

TQ

Back