free website stats program Slidell trip today | Harley Davidson Forums

Slidell trip today

Redfish-Joe

Went to meet some friends this morning for a ride to the HD shop in Slidell. I was approaching the red light at the on /off ramps on I-10 and 603. The light was green and a truck was ahead of me in my lane was stopped. Remember now the light was green. I was going about 15-20 when I went around him in the other lane. Just at that second a car turned in front of me onto the on ramp. The dip in the truck had not moved when the light changed and was flagging the car the right of way. My wife said enough to get us both "POOFED".:D

Be careful out there!!!!!!!! Stay on your toes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh Joe, we almost bumped into each other! Not a crash, but a meeting. :D Husband and I went to MS Coast Harley on Saturday (spur of the moment trip) and then rode on over to Slidell HD before heading home to Yazoo. We encountered some less than courteous drivers as well, including a couple of semis that turned left out of a truck stop with no left turn signal and us wanting to go straight. Also a woman trying to make a light before it changed nearly crashing into hubby and J. Otis (his bike). Glad we are all safe. Got to drive defensively. I am proud to say that the MS DOT has a campaign going on radio and billboards encouraging vehicle drivers to be courteous and safe around bikers.

Gosh Joe, we almost bumped into each other! Not a crash, but a meeting. :D Husband and I went to MS Coast Harley on Saturday (spur of the moment trip) and then rode on over to Slidell HD before heading home to Yazoo. We encountered some less than courteous drivers as well, including a couple of semis that turned left out of a truck stop with no left turn signal and us wanting to go straight. Also a woman trying to make a light before it changed nearly crashing into hubby and J. Otis (his bike). Glad we are all safe. Got to drive defensively. I am proud to say that the MS DOT has a campaign going on radio and billboards encouraging vehicle drivers to be courteous and safe around bikers.

I have heard the campaign on the radio. I only hope people listen and pay attention.

I was there at Slidell almost all day having the bike checked out. I may have seen y'all. Give me a shout next time y'all are down.

Back