free website stats program Slick OffRoad Wash | Harley Davidson Forums

Slick OffRoad Wash

Looks like a pretty good deal. Goes on like S-100 which is also a no scrub type of cleaner. The only problem I ran into with S-100 is that you have to remember to wax as soon as it's dry. These types of cleaners take all the wax as well as the grease off the bike. The first time I used S-100 it cost me a set of Arlen Ness mirrors, they pitted overnight.

I just picked a bottle of Lucas slick mist.
The dealer and the bottle say you can use it dry for a quick clean or when it is still wet, i will give it a try

HDDon, I too use S-100 cycle wash. I think I have waxed my bike once or twice after using this product in about 8 years. I have no pitting or any issues. But let me clarify..I use this product then spray off THEN use the Harley Sunwash then spray off then use Windex on the chrome then spray off. If you have any nicks/cuts on your hands/fingers the S-100 will burn:x. I wear rubber gloves.

ultradoc, my problem occured because the bike looked so good it did not occure to me that I needed to put something on the bike to protect the finish. I wasn't slamming S-100 or any other cleaner, I was just saying that S-100 removes everything grease, grime, road dirt and any protection you may have put on the bike.

Never tried this product. Use S100 total cycle cleaner, works very well, but should be rinsed off with copious amounts of water and then waxed or polished. BTW, for bugs, try Bounce dryer sheets, wet em and a gentle rub and off come the bugs. Rinse well.

I'm still pondering the slickwash, but definitely gotta be careful w/S100 - especially w/black finish. I squirted everything one time & worked like crazy to get it hosed off. Now I pretty much stick to the engie area(s) only & work small areas at a time. Good stuff, but need to concentrate on smaller areas.

Back