free website stats program Slick floorboards | Harley Davidson Forums

Slick floorboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billbo

Hello all again - I can come up with some pretty oddball questions. Here's another one for yall. The rubber inserts on my 2001 Heritage floorboards are slick - to the point its difficult to keep my boots from sliding around on them. I would sure feel more secure if my boots didnt slide so easy. SOOOO - shy of buying new ones, does anyone know of a way to knock off the glaze - such as sandpaper or something??? I do not use pledge or anything else on my floorboards or seats etc. No armorall either. Perhaps they are just so old the rubber gets hard -- and slick.

Thanks
Bill

Hello all again - I can come up with some pretty oddball questions. Here's another one for yall. The rubber inserts on my 2001 Heritage floorboards are slick - to the point its difficult to keep my boots from sliding around on them. I would sure feel more secure if my boots didnt slide so easy. SOOOO - shy of buying new ones, does anyone know of a way to knock off the glaze - such as sandpaper or something??? I do not use pledge or anything else on my floorboards or seats etc. No armorall either. Perhaps they are just so old the rubber gets hard -- and slick.

Thanks
Bill

Replace them Bill, you will notice a better feel in your foot with new shaker style inserts, Capital Jack

Here's a really cheap solution I used on my passenger boards when my wife's feet were slipping.
3M makes a product that is like coarse emery paper, but has a sticky surface on the back. It comes in rectangular sheets. You cut the sheet to the shape of your floorboard and then peel off the backing paper and press it onto the floorboard. Total cost: couple of bucks for the stuff and 10 minutes labor. I bought it at an Ace Hardware store. Can't remember the exact name of it though.

I would replace them, i could not imagine the horror if your foot slipped off and hit the road when you are riding.
Definitely not worth the risk for less than $ 100.

Another vote for replacing - if those are your stock FB's, you got your $$$ worth. Time for a new look ;)

I would replace them, i could not imagine the horror if your foot slipped off and hit the road when you are riding.
Definitely not worth the risk for less than $ 100.

yes just replace them. the stock rubber inserts are about 20 bucks from the HD store. Just replaced the left side on my scoot. and they fit either side. easy to replce also. remove the old ones, spray a little "Pam" on the balls,position them on the floorboard and pull the tabs with pliers until they lock into the holes. easy enough. the pam helps a lot and doesn't make a big mess.

I would just put new inserts on.Once they harden they are shot.
I have a stock set from my 07,pm me with your address and week after next I will send them to you.Thats the next time I will be in the U.S. and shipping costs too much from Canada.
All you have to do is send me the cost of shipping after you recieve them.:D

Steve, I would gladly do that but Im not sure yours would fit. The HD store looked up in the book and they had plenty of OEM inserts for others but NONE for 2001 Heritage??? He did say he could order them for about $20 so I guess I will be doing that.

Thank you Steve so much for your generosity!!! The whole world needs more people like you!

Thanks to everyone here for all the great feedback. Man I like this place and the good folks here!!!:):):)

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back