free website stats program Skull | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Skull

skulls are just like anything else they can be overdone. i know guys that go overboard with the ride to live stuff on their bikes. ive got twenty some skulls tattooed on me and one on my bike. the morbid the merrier i say.

Honestly, I like the Willie G. style skull as decoration...and like Elmosac & Tank it is not the symbolism, but the decorative look...! Full skull with crossbones though is just plain wrong, never cared for the pirate or poison logo. The missing mandible is okay...ITS IS A SKULL after all, and outline is trademark Harley in my book. Kinda like an old steer skull remnant you find out in the desert; just wouldn't look right if it was "all together"! :newsmile040:

OK I guess I have been hiding under a rock. I havn't heard any chatter about this one prior to this thread.

I get the MC cube and 3 piece patch and all, but this skull thing baffles me.

99% of us are not 1%ers and for those in the 99% there is not normally very much meaning in the theme of their bikes.

I have a buddy who has a Marine theme bike and yes the art on his ride has a lot of meaning.

I have Willie G's skulls all over my bike. I like the look, but they don't mean anything. I spent 20+ years on active duty in the Marines, the Eagle Globe and Anchor are the only symbol I need to represent what I have done. The skulls on my scooter are just decorations that work with my black and white color scheme that doesn't mean anything either. Just easier to clean powder coat than chrome. I average 11K miles a year, I'd rather ride than clean.

I like skull, not because they do anything for me, just because.

Decorate your ride as you please and don't worry what anyone else thinks about it. If someone has the time to read into what your bike means, they should spend more time riding thiers.

Just my thoughts.

Elmo, I hear ya. Personalizing an HD is one of the strong interesting points of owning the machine. Whether it be with or without a Skull motiff. Case in point, I'm into nostalgia and do a little leather crafting. Hence I made a set of mudflaps for my Roadking. Here is an image of my rear mud flap: It is heavy black leather with chrome dots, chrome diamonds, colored jewels, reflectors, and fringe to boot.
100thRear.jpg

The Front mudflap is totally a different design. Honestly I know most folk would not be caught dead with a gawdy mudflap as I have on my machine, but who gives a witt?....on the embellishing and personalizing of an HD...to each his own. :)

Randall got a similar flap to yours not quite as elaborate as yours been on 3 of my bikes. I like the look of your mufflers. i think there called whale tails.

We have come a long way from "You meet the nicest people on a Honda". The only decoration I have is the Harley logo painted on my tank at the factory and the emblem on the tourpack. I used to cut the Levi tag off my jeans since they weren't paying me to advertise. Not into skulls either.

Randall got a similar flap to yours not quite as elaborate as yours been on 3 of my bikes. I like the look of your mufflers. i think there called whale tails.

ultrat, Thanks...My flaps have been on two different machines and my mufflers have been on about 5 different machines. These pipes are the HD touring mufflers from the middle 1990's and the attachable endcaps were either called Fantails...or Pantails. They were in the HD accessories catalog as well, but have been discontinued about 8 years ago.

My mufflers/endcaps do lead to many interesting conversations along my travels...and I love them.:s
100thRearSide.jpg

As I have said before...Even a blind man knows a Harley when it putts by...:D

Just started doing the hole skull thing on my tri-glide I had Flames they looked good. But I like the skull floorboard inserts and hand grips they look better, plus tring to cover up some uglyness like the axile nuts!! Its just what you like.

I am rather partial to them. "Calico Jack" was the team emblem for the first team I was assigned to; I still wear one on my skid lid and on my MICH. Now that having tatoos don't matter anymore I will probably get one tattoed as well.

I would like to do a subtle flame etched theme on my primary cover,gas cap ect. but I can't find anything without the HD logo on it.Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look??
------------------------------------
Try this; Gordon's Custom Motorcycle Parts Pricy, but a nice looking derby cover. I just searched for "flame etched chrome", saw other sites that may interest you too.

I like Eagles and Native American icons like Eagle feathers. Skulls and flames have never been my thing on any vehicle I've driven. Religious symbology such as crosses or whatever aren't either. But, it's your money and your bike so enjoy what you want and ride safe.

Back