free website stats program Sizing of Chaps | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sizing of Chaps

The horse supply guy fit you for chaps as if fitting for a western rider. They are made to fit tight in order to retain heat, keep out the elements, and to reduce friction while in the saddle.

Since you aren't moving your legs (or posting) while on your motorcycle then you should buy what is comfortable for you. It is more important to fit for waist and cut for the correct length (which is also to your preference - I like pants on the ground).

MJ

The horse supply guy fit you for chaps as if fitting for a western rider. They are made to fit tight in order to retain heat, keep out the elements, and to reduce friction while in the saddle.

Since you aren't moving your legs (or posting) while on your motorcycle then you should buy what is comfortable for you. It is more important to fit for waist and cut for the correct length (which is also to your preference - I like pants on the ground).

MJ

Interesting theory but he was fully aware that I was buying them for motorcycle use.

"guidelines of chap fashions" :rofl :rofl :rofl

Well.......here's MY take!

Mine were tight when I bought them 20 years ago.

They are WAY, WAY tighter NOW!

Does leather shrink?????? :D

Lets look at it like this. Over the years your chaps may get wet and dried by the wind and sun numerous times during their lives. Not to mention all the greasy spoon hamburger joints they have possibly entered in their time. I think it would be safe to say...nope. they didn't shrink.:bigsmiley24:

Back