free website stats program Six speed transmission | Harley Davidson Forums

Six speed transmission

dcglide

I'm going thru the same nonsense with my 07 streetglide. After talking with several "knowledgable" people, including my local dealer, I concluded that the obvious fix was to replace mainshaft bearing in the inner primary. I had a well respected but independent shop replace the, apparently, bad bearing. Money is a big concern as i've been out of work for two years. I asked that they, please, try to determine that there were no other issues causing the problem other than premature bearing failure. They agreed. They also said that they replace the original HD bearing with a "heavy-duty" baker bearing!

The bearing/trans seamed fine for the first 1000 miles then started making the same noises again! I could feel the same "flat spots" with the bike raised and the wheel slowly turned. I was told I was the first to have the problem return and they have done several in just the previous months.

Have I been duped by someone I've known and trusted for years?

Any more insight into this issue? I just can't afford to keep replacing bearings and I sure can't afford a total trany rebuild!

While they had the inner primary off did they also replace the trans mainshaft bearing and seal? This is a small price for parts while they had it opened up. I've always thought it was good practice to replace any part that I could once I had it opened up. I'm not saying it happened but bearings can be damaged during installation.

Back