free website stats program Sissy bar | Harley Davidson Forums

Sissy bar

Hill202

Contributor
I want a taller sissy bar with a backrest pad for my 2009 Softail Custom. I can't seem to find one that will work with the stock seat. Does anyone know where I can find one that does not require changing the seat?

Thanks

Mine is detachable and connects to the fender brackets. It should work with any seat. If you go to the harley site and search for detachable sideplates you will find them. I would give you link but not enough posts yet. It comes off in seconds with two locking latches. Great for cleaning. This can be used for any height back rest. Good Luck

Click on my name and look in my picture folder there are some nice pics of the backrest

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, on the FXSTC the seat curves up and has 2 studs in the back that attach to the sissy bar.

Problem solved, I put a Sundowner seat and a backrest on it. The first picture is the stock seat, you can see the rear and how it mounts. The second picture is the new set-up.

Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• stockseat0001.JPG
    stockseat0001.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 24
  • newseat0001.JPG
    newseat0001.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 24
thanks Hill, I should have a sundowner coming soon, nice to know I
dont need to change anything, cause I have the same set up for my sissybar.

ps nice apes :)

thanks Hill, I should have a sundowner coming soon, nice to know I
dont need to change anything, cause I have the same set up for my sissybar.

ps nice apes :)

Thanks. I just gave the Sundowner about a 30 mile test run. So far I like it. It is a big improvment over the stock seat. I considered a Corbin but wanted to save a little for some more doo-dads :D

Back