free website stats program Sissy Bar Questions | Harley Davidson Forums

Sissy Bar Questions

Smooth Air

Looking to buy a sissy bar. Leaning toward a 20" but not decided yet. What height do you recommend?

Also, see plenty of them for other years, but having a hard time finding one for the 01. Any suggestions about where to look?

Thanks, SmoothAir

Looking to buy a sissy bar. Leaning toward a 20" but not decided yet. What height do you recommend?

Also, see plenty of them for other years, but having a hard time finding one for the 01. Any suggestions about where to look?

Thanks, SmoothAir

For a 01 what? Is the height going to be determined by your main passenger or is it for holding up luggage?

It all depends on look or function and are you carrying a passenger is what should determine the decision.

like said what ur doing with it . 20 sounds high for me ,but its your ride if u like the high then go for it ,seen that look on the older shovels . your ride build it like u want it ,dont worry what other people like . options small luggage rack lots of ways, see some people use knapp sacks on there back .saddle bags good luck deciding

I went with the mediul high Medalion style sissy bar and backrest pad with a tapered 4 bar luggage rack and mounted it all with the removable hardware. Expensive (450 bucks for parts) but worth it to me......I can remove everything in 2 seconds to bring the bike back to the stripped down look. Wife likes the sissy bar for comfort and I fit a Large or medium sissy bar bag on the bike with no issues. Drive to work 3 or 4 days a week on the bike and the small bag is perfect.

Check out Drag Specialties:s

Jack has you covered...MOCO stuff is good of course, but do look at aftermarker as well like Drag Specialties, Custom Chrome, Kuryakyn and such, which are commonly carried at dealers AND Internet. I am a hands on guy, meaning I like to see a sample (if not the real thing) that I am putting on my bike. Pictures are nice, but seeing it mounted on a bike and nits & picks info from the owner goes a long way to "--make the sale." Remember it is going to be on your bike a long time, especially if you decide on a pillion backrest pad, rack or add on accessory.:D

Back