free website stats program Sissy Bar Medallion help! | Harley Davidson Forums

Sissy Bar Medallion help!

Dswartz

In my quest to find the perfect medalion to put on the back of my sissybar I have found a belt buckle that I would like to use. The obvious problem is the sissybar is flat and the belt buckle is concave. Of course I intend to grind off the belt attachment points on the buckle. My problem is how to fill the gap in the middle between the buckle and sissybar. Does anyone know of a product such as an adhesive putty that can be used for this? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

In my quest to find the perfect medalion to put on the back of my sissybar I have found a belt buckle that I would like to use. The obvious problem is the sissybar is flat and the belt buckle is concave. Of course I intend to grind off the belt attachment points on the buckle. My problem is how to fill the gap in the middle between the buckle and sissybar. Does anyone know of a product such as an adhesive putty that can be used for this? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

CRC Minute Mend, Epoxy Putty, should do the job.

I used layers of 3M double sided tape behind a concave skull gas cap and centered it on a round 2008 HD horn cover to go with the them of my bike. Did the same on my Fatboy. It's been on, and remained flush and hasn't moved, for 2 years now.:57:

How about just putting it in a press with a piece of plywood on each side, or some kind of wood, and pressing it until it is flat. Might look better that way anyway. If you don't have access to a press, you could probably get some auto repair shop to do it for a few bucks, or a six pack.
:p

How about just putting it in a press with a piece of plywood on each side, or some kind of wood, and pressing it until it is flat. Might look better that way anyway. If you don't have access to a press, you could probably get some auto repair shop to do it for a few bucks, or a six pack.

#1 on that and some liquid nails, it aint coming off

The only issue would be the metal used. If it is pot metal, it will crack in two.

If you use J.B. Weld, since it is basically an epoxy/resin adhesive, it IS paintable once dry, so a bit of chrome silver colored touch up paint will complete the look. A bit of spray clear coat over the masked out areas of the buckle and backplate...post up some pix when the deed is done. :D

By the way, the dealer has aluminum HD badges and medallions that are adhesive backed that can be formed easily to fit flat, concave and convex surfaces as an option. :small3d036:

Back