free website stats program single speedo vs. speedo/ tach | Harley Davidson Forums

single speedo vs. speedo/ tach

RideTheLightning

Hey folks, I decided I would like to put window bars on my bike, and I still have the stock speedo/ tach bracket. It looks like it will clear the new bars (by eyeballing it) but I am not sure it will look the best. I guess I am wondering:

a) If I get a single bracket, what happens to the wire going to the tach?
b) If I leave the stock bracket on, do you think it will look okay?
c) Any other ideas? I thought of a side mount speedo as well.

Thanks for any responses. :)

Hey folks, I decided I would like to put window bars on my bike, and I still have the stock speedo/ tach bracket. It looks like it will clear the new bars (by eyeballing it) but I am not sure it will look the best. I guess I am wondering:

a) If I get a single bracket, what happens to the wire going to the tach?
b) If I leave the stock bracket on, do you think it will look okay?
c) Any other ideas? I thought of a side mount speedo as well.

Thanks for any responses. :)

Motorcycle Products If you want state of the art have a look here:s

If you retain the stock clocks i think the window bar will obscure a wee bit of each so it might be better to loose the tach
if you do that wrapping the end of the connectors with some waterproof tape and tucking it away may be an answer

Brian

If you retain the stock clocks i think the window bar will obscure a wee bit of each so it might be better to loose the tach
if you do that wrapping the end of the connectors with some waterproof tape and tucking it away may be an answer

Brian

Ah, thanks for the idea. :p

I am looking at options for a new speedo bracket (side mount mostly). If I ride for a little bit sans speedometer/ odometer and tachometer, would it still log the miles I ride (despite the actual gauge not being attached)?

Again, thanks.

Back