free website stats program single fire ignition | Harley Davidson Forums

single fire ignition

prjr5

need help wiring up my ignition. just replaced my evo with an ultima 100 ci it came with a single fire ignitiion so i have changed to a single fire coil. i know how to wire most of it but still have a few that i'm not sure of.

1st voes wire i do have a voes switch i know i have to hook up the violet wire to the voes and ground to vows. my current setup is 2 wires coming out of the voes and into a plug that has 2 wires coming out of it and into the frame. i am wondering do i take this plug completely out and wire the violet wire to one of the wires and ground the other to the frame or trace the wires from the plug back to battery area and cut the wires and wire the new one in.

2nd. wire from the coil to the battery + wire i know it needs to go through the switch should i trace the wires currently at the switch and wire it in this way or run a new wire straight to the switch

thanks for any help if there is some other way of doing this it would be appreciated

I would contact the manufacturer of the ignition and ask them your questions. The VOES switch works in conjunction with the ECM to give you a better ignition curve for better fuel economy in stock configuration and hooking it into another system would be best served asking the manufacturer that question how they intend for it to operate. More than likely it would be connected the same as the stock config but you want to be sure or you end up with a pinging motor.

As far as the ignition hookup, no reason why you couldn't use the stock wiring connection from the switch if you trace it out.

ok i will call the manufacture the manual i got it just says the violet wire goes to the voes i just looked at the wires coming out of the plug that hooks up to the voes switch it has a violet wire and a black wire i would assume the black is the ground and the violet one is the one i should tie into with the violet wire

i also looked at the wires from my key switch not sure what i'm going to be able to do here.

Back