free website stats program Simple Question......Tubes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Simple Question......Tubes

Please pay close attention to what Brian (fin_676) said above. And this is what the manufacturer calls for in tire pressure, not the dealer or indy.

When I ran AVON Venoms on my Ultra, the recommendation was for 42 psi front and back. So definitely higher than the OEM recommendation for the Dunlops that came on the bike. Same with the Bridgestones.

Cheers,

TQ

The me888 is a radial tyre rather than a cross ply as usually fitted by HD and as such will require a wee bit more air pressure to support the sidewall so check with metzler for recommended tyre pressures for your bike as the book pressures will be for a cross ply

Brian

Please pay close attention to what Brian (fin_676) said above. And this is what the manufacturer calls for in tire pressure, not the dealer or indy.

When I ran AVON Venoms on my Ultra, the recommendation was for 42 psi front and back. So definitely higher than the OEM recommendation for the Dunlops that came on the bike. Same with the Bridgestones.

Cheers,

TQ

GOOD INFO worth repeating
Maybe this should be in the self help section if not already.

Thanks guys.

I just finished about 150 miles. Yep, it's a different feel all the way around. Did some homework before I bought them. Seems like I sit just a tad higher and of course a tad slicker from being new. Doesn't follow the tar snakes or grooves.

From Metzler regarding the 888's
RECOMMENDED MOTORCYCLE TIRE PRESSURES BASED ON LOAD
Front Solo 2 up Riding 2 w/load
36 38-40 40

Rear Solo 2 up Riding 2 w/load
38-40 40 40

My Indy started me off at 41 / 41. Still way too early to tell. I'm just getting used to no whitewalls.:(

Thank y'all for the heads up. I'll keep it updated asI bang out the miles.

Back