free website stats program Similar Occurences | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Similar Occurences

My brother-in-law had a bee fly up his nose last summer. When it happened he was hanging half off the bike trying to blow it back out. Finally had to pull off the road. Of course, I was following & had no idea what was going on, with all the wild girations (he's always acting crazy anyway). When I found out what happened I about busted a gut laughing (he wasn't all that amused, imagine that).

Not riding when this happened, but when I was dating my girlfriend about 40 years ago and we havesince been married now for 39 yrs. Any way we had a lovers spat, I stormed out and jumped into my old International Scout and promptly sat on a Big Bumble Bee. And you guessed it he let me know he was there. It was a painful and humbling experiance to have to go back in her house and have the stinger removed. To say the least her father was pretty amused. I have had a wasp go up my sleeve while riding with no windshield and one somehow got up my pant's leg another time.
It's amazing how fast you can stop and get the kickstand down. And not worry about getting the bike in netraul before you shut it off when that happens but you still can't stop quick enough.:D

i had a wasp get in my helment with me some how..????...???poped me in the side of my head! and had a bee get in my tshirt.....wasp to the head hurts much worse!

Last summer I had a hornet go right into my ear under the ear flap of my helmet...gotta tell you that was about as much fun as having teeth drilled with no novicane.

Got a sweat bee in my left armpit in Sturgis last year. Got me several times before I could get him out. When people say you can stop a bike on a dime, they are short-changing you. :bigsmiley19:

Back when I first started riding (1972) I had one of those 3/4 helmets with the full visor that looked like a bubble. Very futuristic look at the time. As I was going down the freeway, a bee got inside the visor. Thought I was going to lose it, which I did. I ripped off the visor, which got rid of the bee and the visor.

Had a sweat bee hit up the shorts, when I wanted to to the showers. A short trip in my mind 1/4 mile in a camp ground. needless to say i'll never use shorts again.

Back