free website stats program Silver cylinders on a Black, highlighted engine | Harley Davidson Forums

Silver cylinders on a Black, highlighted engine

Hello, I have a 2001 Heritage Softail Classic. The engine is black and chrome except for the cylinders, they are natural/silver. I can't find any evidence that the heads or the cylinders were changed so I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of this being done at the factory.

Attachments

• P1010065.jpg
    P1010065.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 69
I had a 2001 Heritage too; however, I don't recall ever seeing one set up like that. I'd be willing to bet those are not the original cylinders.

Interesting, I have never seen this, all the ones I have seen are black and chrome, maybe some one changed the cylinders and pistons?

I know it isn't a clear photo but trust me...they are natural/silver cylinders. I can't make out the qh whole part number because I took the Micunia carb off but ity ends in 99my backspace isn't working!! anyway, I would think that the nuts on the rocker boxes or the head bolts would have some marks on them if they were changed but whoever changed the cylinders did a great job b ecause it looks factory. 99

I just remembered that I do have some other pictures. If the previos owner of the bike could only tell me, that woulfd be nice. National Powersports told me they got it from Paramount Harley. The bike is in excellent condition and I was thinking of having it Dynoed to see if it is a big bore tkit. For some reason, my backspace isn't working and myt typing needs some work...sorry for the spelling etc. The bike looks nic e this way, it's just that if the cylinders wers changed, there would be whrench mardk s on the fasteners but this looks factroy.

Attachments

• P1010062.jpg
    P1010062.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF2701.jpg
    DSCF2701.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF2686.jpg
    DSCF2686.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 44
The new and improved pictures look stock cept for the air cleaner and carb:s

Even the pictures don't show up the silver cylinders that much. The carb is a Mikuni 42 with a Twin Tec ignition and Vance and Hines big shots. I put the quiet baffles in it because stock is too loud for me. I'm changing the throttle cables right now and found one of the vacume port plugs was leaking so once I get it all together and it gets a little warmer, I'll have it dyno tuned. The bike only has 22,000 miles so I have no idea why someone would change the cylinders except to go with a larger set of jugs. That would be the only reason I would change the cylinders. Whoever did the job, it looks factory. Thank you everyone for your imput on my very first post!

Back