Sifton quality ???

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by rodburner, Oct 30, 2012.

1. rodburner

rodburner Member

was lookin @ roller rockers and lifters , anyone have experience with this brand ?

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Not with their rockers, but the lifters and cams YES good products

3. Jack Klarich

4. dolt

dolt Senior Member Contributor

Tiawan Tedd(V-Twin Manufacturing/Tedd's Cycle) owns that name now; don't think quality is the same as when Tom Sifton (RIP) owned the name.

5. Adamal47

Adamal47 Active Member

I heard the same but then again I don't have any personal experience with any sifton products. Jack how recently have you dealt with their products under the new ownership?
    [​IMG]

6. rodburner

rodburner Member

read somewhere that roller rockers are a waste of $$ in a stock motor under 5000rpm,@ this point mine is, found that Donny Petersen wrote an article bout them ,so I have that on order. I have to change base gaskets over winter & thot maybe some upgrades would be in order with 61,000 on her.local HD mech. said he may have put an Andrews 27 in & changed bearing with previous owner but wasnt sure haha.so that will also be looked @. thinkin a W6 cam & RB Racing LSR 2 into 1, 1 3/4 " Turnout. Any comments on either of those mods? am I seeing /reading the manual right ,roller lifters are stock ? how bout anyones experience with lifter block wear.

7. Jack Klarich

I have not, thanks to dolt to updating this info, this could spell trouble for a legendary name IMO