free website stats program SideShots Help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

SideShots Help

ok. Engine is taped up. Not using a hammer/mallet. Not gonna force anything. I can bolt the front flange on loosely, but the rear flange still needs about 1/2" to clear the engine to mount up w/ the studs. Has anyone here actually done this install before?

finally got it, thanks for all the help guys. Now to put everything back together and tighten it all up. engine will need a touch up too.

Glad to hear you got them mounted...I didn't know thew were welded as a set. Guess the 2nd body's needed to help spread them apart - now, it's time to hear them roar!

I feel your pain! I put sideshots on my nightster also, Then ordered forward controls, only to have to take the exhaust back off to put the controls on a week later. A hammer isnt the answer with these things, there just isnt much clearance due to the fact that it's a 1 piece welded design. It takes finese and a great deal of patience to get the flanges in just the right spot so you can get them past the fins. Good luck.

ok. Engine is taped up. Not using a hammer/mallet. Not gonna force anything. I can bolt the front flange on loosely, but the rear flange still needs about 1/2" to clear the engine to mount up w/ the studs. Has anyone here actually done this install before?

I put a set on an 06 883custom don't recall having any troubles with them, sometimes it takes two sets of hands,any chance you have a freind that could give you an assist?

Back