free website stats program Side-Car Detestation | Harley Davidson Forums

Side-Car Detestation

Randall K. Wilson

My dear of wife of 37 years has always supported my interest in cycles. (I have owned 4 Harleys and 3 Hondas). For a number of years now my main focus has been on Harley's and I now have a Roadking and a Deluxe, and one Honda Sabre.
Through the years I have went about per$onalizing the machine$ and riding them more than an average cyclist does. My wife is not as interested in riding but does ride on occasion, 2-3 times a year we take a short camping trip with the Roadking.
I have never had one, but I have always been facinated with Side-cars attached to a cycle. IMHO the HD Side-Car is the ultimate accessory, and obviously a very expensive extra. I have never endeavored to buy a side-car but when ever I mention anything positive or complementary about a side car Mrs. Wilson rares up, fidgets, gets a grimace on her face and utters negative comments about anything side-car. Such as (a side-car): "they look gross, they look hideous, the look stupid, why would anybody want to put one of those dumb looking things on their Harley, You'd never catch me sitting in one of those things!..."etc etc. Know I do find her negative opinions humorous, as well as perplexing at times.
Make no bones about it she makes her view known. So anytime my little Hen looks sluggish and non attentive I mention the word "side-car" to her, just in passing, and boy does she come to life.:D

I had a hack on my bike years ago. My wife hated it but the dog sure loved it. Matter of fact I have a different wife now. I should try it again.

I sure would love to get one so my lab/rotty could go along on our rides when appropriate, but the prices! Wish I could find one that needed alot of work for reasonable then the wife would possibly be a little receptive to the idea :)

I had a hack on my bike years ago. My wife hated it but the dog sure loved it. Matter of fact I have a different wife now. I should try it again.

HOPE YOU MEANT TO TAKE THE SAME DOG FOR A RIDE........HA HA

no bones about that one!

signed....BUBBIE

I sure would love to get one so my lab/rotty could go along on our rides when appropriate, but the prices! Wish I could find one that needed alot of work for reasonable then the wife would possibly be a little receptive to the idea :)
How much for the H-D side car? I wouldnt want one for a only bike but they are great.I bought a Ural gear-up and it is great. 13.5K for the whole rig. I had severe buyers remorse at first but now it is one of my favorite rides. My dad wouldnt ride on a motorcycle (he has never ridden) but I didnt have the Ural home 5 minutes and he was in the "car' and said lets go. That alone is worth the price. And I ride my dog also.

Back