free website stats program Shut Down | Harley Davidson Forums

Shut Down

I have a 2007 Nightrain and sometimes when riding the engine shuts down. The check engine light comes on and I can hear the fuel system re-charging itself, although none of the lights (dash, tail, and headlight) shut off. It just shuts down. It re-starts fairly easily, I have installed a power commander but this problem exsisted before the unit was installed. Sometimes when riding it stutters. This condition exsists either when the engine is hot or cold. Can't figure this one. HELP!

look behind the air filter. i found a small ruber hose that was dry rotted and crack which was causing the same problem. i changed it out and havent had a problem since

I'm going out of my mind with this thing. I've changed the crank position sensor,the in tank hoses, regulator and the fuel filter, as well as the relay. Everything I've seen and read points to these items and I'm still having the same problems. Stuttering and stalling. Cold, hot, fuel tank full, half empty doesn't matter. But sometimes it runs just great. I can't figure this one out.
Still throws codes P0261, P0262, P0263, P0264, P1002, P1003, and this one is a tach code which I don't have P1654. Help!

I have installed a power commander but this problem exsisted before the unit was installed.

You said this problem existed prior to installing a Power Commander. I would stopped there and resolved the original problem(s) first before installing anything new such as a Power Commander.

By having a bike that throws 6 codes at a time, adding another device to the mix just makes it even more complex to diagnose.

Back