free website stats program Shredded the front tire last nite, or life in the bar ditch! | Harley Davidson Forums

Shredded the front tire last nite, or life in the bar ditch!

Buzzy

Riding back from having dinner in Chickasha (yeah, for real) last nite hit a section of fence and fence posts a combine or wheat hauler had strung out into the roadway and shredded the front tire. Huge bump, probably a fence post, horrible freakin noise and I'm immediately riding down in the bar ditch at 65 mph. Kept it upright and got stopped, only injury was where my leg went back under the passenger boards and bag when I reverted to my old flattrack days. Called a buddy with a pickup, he didn't bring the ramps but we finally got the bike loaded and home. Tires in shreds, otherwise the bike's fine. I'll pick up a tire tomorrow and mount it tomorrow evening.

Also really glad you're OK! Should you have someone maybe take a look at the wheels for possible damage, too?

happy you got out of that one,you gonna get the frame and forks checked for twisting.Realy hope its just a tyre you need.

Nice save! Guess you need to amend the "keep the rubber side down" advice to say, "keep the rubber side down, unless all there is left is shiny stuff where the rubber used to be!"

Had the dealership mount and balance the tire. I'll take measurments and make sure everything is true but the back tire is low on air pressure and no foreign objects seen and the "bubble" test isn't showing any leaks. I'm gonna eat supper and see how much air has leaked down in an hour or two. Couldn't hardly walk today, leg is bruised and every muscle in my body hurts. Probably about as much from lifting the monster into a pickup bed as anything. Thanks all, it was a rush.

Glad you made it outta that one in good shape other than your tire and some soreness! Could have been a lot worse! You should contact the farmer or land owner about replacing that tire for ya!:s

Back