Show Stock Bike

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Dr.Evil, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Junior Member

At some open shows, my buddies are trying to get me to enter the stock class, if only just to get a parking spot next to them. My question is; at what mod level does a bike become considered custome or modified?

2. KennedyFXR

KennedyFXR Member

Alot of shows the different between "stock" Custom, and Stock is simply paint. But it really depends on the show.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Bone stock bikes are getting rare they are a class all there own and should be judged as such:p nothing wrong or bad about a stock bike, I cant leave well enough alone, but I aint Hobbit either Nothing bad here Hobbit:D

4. Jack Klarich

Remind me to never race you ever:s

5. Jack Klarich

LOL, I got some reall nice beach front property for you reall cheap LOL, glad you have a great sense of humor if you ever make it to Florida I would like to meet you:D

6. EnjoyingTheRyde

EnjoyingTheRyde Junior Member

Hmmmm... that reminds me of someone around here...:)

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Stock means "unmolested"...if you removed that sticker, reflector, changed fastenrs, relocated or replaced that license frame or clamps it is no longer "stock" in the strict sense. If you have ever gone to classic car shows, you know what I am talking about.

Look at Antiques Road Show, and there are those who would rather see the vintage piece lose a bit of lustre then be "polished" or "refinished" to make it look "factory fresh" for the sake of "faking it" so passions run high when taking it to purists. I am more middle of the road...if it can be restored to factory new lustre...why not?...like having that silly label on your mattress, "Severe penalty if removed..."

8. Dr.Evil

Dr.Evil Junior Member

All the bantering about aside, I like this answer the best. It is a solid point. My bike will never win this class, but if they let me enter, I will enjoy parking close to the action. You know, the only great stock bikes I have seen lately are IE the '74 honda 500 a couple weeks ago. Who keeps a late model stock any way?