free website stats program Show Stock Bike | Harley Davidson Forums

Show Stock Bike

Dr.Evil

At some open shows, my buddies are trying to get me to enter the stock class, if only just to get a parking spot next to them. My question is; at what mod level does a bike become considered custome or modified?

Alot of shows the different between "stock" Custom, and Stock is simply paint. But it really depends on the show.

Bone stock bikes are getting rare they are a class all there own and should be judged as such:p nothing wrong or bad about a stock bike, I cant leave well enough alone, but I aint Hobbit either Nothing bad here Hobbit:D

Hey Jack nothing bad taken - if i had just a smidge of self control, i might just might SLOW doooowwwwnnnn SpeedUP hahahahahahahaha - not a huge fan of chrome or stock, there all a blank canvas for me and most but i like sleepers Stock or Stg looking but go faster bits galore:D :bigsmiley18:

but you already knew that:D

Remind me to never race you ever:s

i dont do that never ever never :59::panic:54:

LOL, I got some reall nice beach front property for you reall cheap LOL, glad you have a great sense of humor if you ever make it to Florida I would like to meet you:D

Stock means "unmolested"...if you removed that sticker, reflector, changed fastenrs, relocated or replaced that license frame or clamps it is no longer "stock" in the strict sense. If you have ever gone to classic car shows, you know what I am talking about.

Look at Antiques Road Show, and there are those who would rather see the vintage piece lose a bit of lustre then be "polished" or "refinished" to make it look "factory fresh" for the sake of "faking it" so passions run high when taking it to purists. I am more middle of the road...if it can be restored to factory new lustre...why not?...like having that silly label on your mattress, "Severe penalty if removed..."

Stock means "unmolested"...if you removed that sticker, reflector, changed fastenrs, relocated or replaced that license frame or clamps it is no longer "stock" in the strict sense. If you have ever gone to classic car shows, you know what I am talking about.

Look at Antiques Road Show, and there are those who would rather see the vintage piece lose a bit of lustre then be "polished" or "refinished" to make it look "factory fresh" for the sake of "faking it" so passions run high when taking it to purists. I am more middle of the road...if it can be restored to factory new lustre...why not?...like having that silly label on your mattress, "Severe penalty if removed..."

All the bantering about aside, I like this answer the best. It is a solid point. My bike will never win this class, but if they let me enter, I will enjoy parking close to the action. You know, the only great stock bikes I have seen lately are IE the '74 honda 500 a couple weeks ago. Who keeps a late model stock any way?

Back