free website stats program Shovels | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Shovels

Hi all, I'm new here. Hope i can contribute. I've experience with custom fabrication and building. Been fooling around with bikes for about 20 years and fiddling with HD's for about 10, on and off. Hoping to pick your collective brains for shovel info. I ride a creative but practical custom '79 1340 FXLR. I'm quite sure most of you guys would hate it. I have a 'if it don't work, it goes in the bin' policy to Harley parts, hence the 'creative' tag:D
-Lar

Last edited by a moderator:
yap I have been riding the same shovel for 25 plus years and have almost 300,000 miles on it and have redid it about 4 different configurations "bagger, chopper, hot rod and now back finally to the original FXWG "except someone stole my Commemorative 1982 Medallion off of the front fender at bike week a few years back and I have not been able to find a replacement, so with that little tid bit always remember this Harley Davidson Shovel head - making mechanics out of bikers since 1966 and I am proud to say ( edit) glad to admit it!

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a 1980 80 inch FLH traded up in 1992 for aFLHS good bike after I fixed the oil leaks

Yup, I'm new here. Just bought an 83 FXRS. Love my shovel, specifically wanted a shovel, and I searched long and hard for it, got exactly the bike that I was looking for. Having a blast tinkering with it and sorting it out, just finished converting it to a CV carb, with the help of all of the information that I have gathered from researching this forum, all of you guys rock. Great forum. Still getting the CV tuned but almost perfect. The difference that the CV carb has made in the way my shovel runs is unbelievable compared to how it ran with the old butterfly Keihin. :bigsmiley24:

The CV is a big improvement over the older Keihin carbs and it's a hard carb to beat for functionality.

1st Bike

Ive been riding a 02 RKC for awhile now and will have it to ride. Though i didnt pay for it... My Fiances Dad bought it new in 02 and then had a freak accident at work cripple him. The bike sat for about 4 years uncovered until i went and rescued it. Now im ready to have my own bike. Should have her up and running within a month or 2.

1980 FXE with FLH front end

DSCN3594.jpg

Back