free website stats program Shovelhead engine numbers? | Harley Davidson Forums

Shovelhead engine numbers?

steamdonkey

Greetings All

I'm new here to the sight and looking for a little help.

A few days ago, a friend of mine bought a HD shovelhead.

The bike is registered as 98 "custom / build bike" by the state of Washington .

I'm trying to figure out what model year the motor is.

The numbers on the case don't seem to match any thing I can find on the various identifcation tables.

the number on the right case "located near the front pushrod tube, reads as follows 3561924 8 676 the number do not have a space between them as I have them here " I did this because the 8 seems to have stamped with a different die. in reality it somewhat like a "infinity" symbol.

thanks for any help ahead of time.

Steve J

Those do not look like factory numbers, if this is a Recon bike when first registered a lot of states want certificates of origin for frames, motors and trannys, may try to back track that to find out for sure, Got any cop friends, they may be able to help:s

All shovels that I have ever seen have the numbers on the Left side of the case about center below the barrels.

Those do not look like factory numbers, if this is a Recon bike when first registered a lot of states want certificates of origin for frames, motors and trannys, may try to back track that to find out for sure, Got any cop friends, they may be able to help:s

:unsure Cops as friends?

The vin#,s on the older bikes are not the same as post mid 80's bikes. I would suggest calling hd cust. service, I called about my brothers 79 lowrider and they were very helpful. :D

Sure, just give them some doughnuts :lolrolling

They want money now mo more do nuts LOL, but seriously if you have any cop friends and we all should have at least one they can help you track the previous owner usually alot easier than the DMV:D

i agree with blademan all shovels i've seen have the numbers left side case
and yes its always good to know a cop or two and the county sheriff not bad either

Back