free website stats program Shovel Head Primary on a EVO | Harley Davidson Forums

Shovel Head Primary on a EVO

Ok I recently purchased a custom cruiser, it has a EVO motor with a Shovel head primary. My question is, the inner o-ring keeps getting cut because of the difference in the two, is there a simple solution to this?

On my 68 shovel I had no problems with the o-ring mating it with a 94 evo, I think it was mid 80's HD changed to or from a thicker o-ring, I don't remember if I matched the o-ring part # to the engine or to the primary, I think I upgraded to the evo one. But if you're having problems you might try using the other o-ring. I also use a little silicone sealer on the 0-ring, I use it on new bikes as well, just cheap insurance.

Silicon is the key to keeping those from leaking. Chopper can you post some pics of your bike? Please!

Silicon is the key to keeping those from leaking. Chopper can you post some pics of your bike? Please!
just go to my album, there are pleanty of pic's there:)

classicbowtie if you have some pictures of your scoot would like to see them also.

The one with your bikes will not open, says page not found, the other one got some cool pics.

The one with your bikes will not open, says page not found, the other one got some cool pics.
Don't know what's up with that but I'll redo do the album, check back later.

If one of the moderators reads this maybe they can help me out, don't want to hijack the thread but when go to my album I can not open or delete it? What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
You have some of the coolest pics. I have seen. I bet you got some road stories. How many miles are on your bike and how many states have you been through?

You have some of the coolest pics. I have seen. I bet you got some road stories. How many miles are on your bike and how many states have you been through?
I tell my speed by how fast my ears flap and my miles by the wrinkles on my face. Went to Alaska in 1980 because we ran out of new roads to ride, funny but when we got there we found we could only ride in one big circle.
Sorry classicbowtie, don't mean to hijack this thread, have you had any luck yet?

Back