free website stats program Should I trade 07 Yamaha for 2001 RK? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Should I trade 07 Yamaha for 2001 RK?

Trying to decide if it's worth spending about 6800.00 more to get a 2009 RK.
Dealer wants 11995.00 for the 2001 RK.

What do you think?

Frank

Trying to decide if it's worth spending about 6800.00 more to get a 2009 RK.
Dealer wants 11995.00 for the 2001 RK.

What do you think?

Frank

7 grand is a lot of dough.......don't forget on top of that with a new bike they like to add in a few hidden costs that they don't tell you about while they're trying to talk you into the new one.

Yes, but get a new Road King. You won't ever be sorry, especially with all the improvements to the touring line for 2009.:hii

Don't jump the gun, do what these guys are telling you. If you are set on getting an HD, unload the metric to a good home for a good price, then shop around. Be patient, it will be worth it. Check ebay, Craiglists, classifieds...you'll find one with low mileage and for around 10, just depends on your budget. Oh that to, you'll need to figure out exactly how much you are willing to spend.

Thanks, I tried craiglist and got no replys.
Dealer has not called back yet on the 2001 RK.
waiting on another dealer for trade in quote.

Frank (want a Harley bad)

Thanks, I tried craiglist and got no replys.
Dealer has not called back yet on the 2001 RK.
waiting on another dealer for trade in quote.

Frank (want a Harley bad)

The best any dealer will usually give you on a trade is a wholesale price. You can do better selling privately by a considerable margin. If they offer you more than wholesale, they are usually making it up on the new bike.

Know your prices before bargaining anything.

Official Kelley Blue Book Site <<< lower left of the page

NADA Guides <<< Top of the page

Well, first off, I agree with widening your search a bit and checking out some other Harleys. A friend in our chapter is short and he bought a softail deluxe. I believe that has the lowest seat height of all and he had it lowered.

I love Road Kings, best bike there is IMHO but ride a couple of different bikes, maybe rent one for the day if nothing else and see what you think. For the price you mentioned you're not that far off from considering an '09. Been hearing some nice things about them.

Harley fever is great! Take your time finding the right bike. Shopping for it is half the fun. When you've found the right one, you'll know!

Last edited:
Back