free website stats program should I buy a vrsc for my wife | Harley Davidson Forums

should I buy a vrsc for my wife

ynad88

Hello, my wife and I want to get back into riding. We have not owned bikes in over 10 years. I have decided on a RK, and my wife really wants a v-rod. She is 5'3 and 135 lbs and we are not sure if the v-rods are too big-powerful for a woman to drive. We live in northern Ontario and just do not see the v-rod bikes up here.
Any info on the bikes would be appreciated.

Yes, get her a V-rod. "It's for you Dear, really it is, I'll just test ride it occasionally". :D
Seriously, for her height the forward mounted pegs may be a comfort issue.

Find a used Street Rod, they have mid controls and will fit her just fine. I found the V-Rod to be an easy bike to ride.

I had a V-Rod they are a blast to ride. Small (height), nimble, and powerful. The new ones the riding position gets old if your riding more than stop light to stop light to be honest. But if that's what she wants then......go for it. All you will see is her tail lights, LOL.

Hello, my wife and I want to get back into riding. We have not owned bikes in over 10 years. I have decided on a RK, and my wife really wants a v-rod. She is 5'3 and 135 lbs and we are not sure if the v-rods are too big-powerful for a woman to drive. We live in northern Ontario and just do not see the v-rod bikes up here.
Any info on the bikes would be appreciated.

Too big-powerful? That's going to depend on her, and her comfort level. I strongly urge her to test ride as much as she can before buying.

I'm certain she can manage it... if she really wants to.

I know of some riders who bit off more than they could handle, they got too wrapped up in "Harley Fever". Look on CraigsList, it's loaded with low mileage, used bikes (not just Harley) that were more than the former rider, now seller, was prepared for.

One more suggestion, perhaps for both of you. If you haven't already taken a MSF class recently, I recommend it highly! It might remind you of things you've forgotten, and teach you one or two things you didn't know.

Cheers!
Ferrous

Too big-powerful? That's going to depend on her, and her comfort level. I strongly urge her to test ride as much as she can before buying.

I'm certain she can manage it... if she really wants to.

I know of some riders who bit off more than they could handle, they got too wrapped up in "Harley Fever". Look on CraigsList, it's loaded with low mileage, used bikes (not just Harley) that were more than the former rider, now seller, was prepared for.

One more suggestion, perhaps for both of you. If you haven't already taken a MSF class recently, I recommend it highly! It might remind you of things you've forgotten, and teach you one or two things you didn't know.
Cheers!
Ferrous
Ditto

Probably most fun on the bike you like best, and may be cheaper in the long run! Riding is about skill and practice; not about strength or size of the rider; of course the bike should fit.
Great advice to take a course; most Colleges offer rider training courses; ‘Gearing Up’ sponsored by CSC (Canada Safety Council) very much like MSF:
Ontario | Canada's Source for Motorcycle Rider Training

Toronto West (Humber) has weekday courses, and possibly accommodation (student residence)

Thanks for the helpful posts, We both signed up for the refresher course. We went to a dealer yesterday and saw a 2013 v-rod and it scared the heck out of her. She sat on a 2011 883 sportster and fell in love, and bought it. I on the other hand really liked the v-rod but want a mid-peg version. I will check e-bay and other sites to see what is available..

Thanks for the helpful posts, We both signed up for the refresher course. We went to a dealer yesterday and saw a 2013 v-rod and it scared the heck out of her. She sat on a 2011 883 sportster and fell in love, and bought it. I on the other hand really liked the v-rod but want a mid-peg version. I will check e-bay and other sites to see what is available..

Congrats man......

Back