Should be riding

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Apyle, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Apyle

Apyle Junior Member

It's a gorgeous day outside it's the end of July, and I've only managed to put 140 miles on the bike this year. The kids are acting up and my life has become a sea of dirty diapers and dirty clothes. I need one good road trip to go on this summer. I live in mid Michigan, I was thinking Mackinac or St. Ignace. Any thoughts?

2. khahn

khahn Member

Go for it. That's one of my one day trips. Leave out early, goof around in Mackinac, head home in the afternoon. A nice day of riding.

3. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Any ride is a good ride, I'm out of town until Tuesday and sure miss my scoot.:(

4. Apyle

Apyle Junior Member

I walk by mine every day, because you can't mount car seats to it.
    [​IMG]

5. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Sounds like you could use the therapy. We may go today, looks like no rain for a change. Enjoy if you do!

6. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Apyle; if you've got bungee straps and duct tape...you can mount a car seat to "anything." :s

I say "saddle-up" and head off...!!

7. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

One thing that always worked for me at you stage with the kids was a after dinner ride a couple nights a week. Hey my kids are now 9 and 7 and I have only gone 600 miles since spring. Hang in there. Its all GOOD.

8. marcus22

marcus22 Junior Member

side car!!!!:D

9. lorne

lorne Senior Member

Iceman....i think you might be watch the "Red Green Show" a little too much..

The Red Green Show Ep 210 (2000 Season) - YouTube

10. mrwizz

mrwizz Member Contributor

Mackinaw is always a good ride. I left home yesterday E of Grand Rapids, crossed the big Mac bridge in the afternoon...now I'm in Marquette. It's been a little cold (54) and rainy but still a good ride. Heading up to Cooper Harbor tomorrow, then to the Porcupine mtns.